Tips and Tricks - Report Lost or Stolen Device or Badge


If your City issued equipment is lost or stolen, please contact the appropriate City Department immediately so appropriate action can be taken.

City Issued Device

Contact IT if a city issued device has been lost, stolen or damaged:

City Access Badge

Report lost and damaged badges immediately to your Supervisor. Supervisors should contact General Services for deactivation and replacement.

General Services can be reached at 512-671-2890.

Tips to Prevent Lost or Stolen Device

  • Avoid leaving City issued equipment in the car. If you must leave equipment in a vehicle unattended, place it in the trunk or somewhere out of sight.
  • Do not leave City issued equipment unattended in public places, such as restaurants, airports, and hotels.
  • Avoid storing passwords and pin numbers with your device.
  • Ensure that the device is configured to auto-lock and requires a password to login and access data.



0 out of 0 found this helpful



Please sign in to leave a comment.