As you prepare to get a new replacement computer, the following steps will ensure that your data will move with you from one computer to the next.
The first step is to Sign into Microsoft Edge and sync your Favorites (Shortcuts) with the browser. When you log into your new computer, you can Sign into Microsoft Edge and your favorites will be available to use.
Sign into Microsoft Edge
- Select the profile image in the browser taskbar.
- Select Manage profile settings > Sync > Turn on sync. If you see an option to sign in, continue to the next step. Note: If you see Manage profile settings, you're already signed in.
- Select Sign in and choose an account (City Email Account) or enter your account details. Select Continue.
- Select Sync when you're asked if you want to sync your account. This syncs your favorites, passwords, and other browsing data across the devices you use with this account.
- If you use multiple browsers (IE, Chrome, Firefox) please use the steps below to import those Favorites into MS Edge.
To Sync Favorites from other browsers into Microsoft Edge
If you use other browsers besides Microsoft Edge, you can follow the steps below to import those Favorites into Edge.
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Click on the Settings and more (Alt+F) 3 dots menu icon, click on Favorites, and click/tap
on Import. (see screenshot below)
- Import Favorites and Browser Data from Google Chrome to Microsoft Edge
- Select Google Chrome in the Import from drop menu. (see screenshot below)
- Under Choose what you to import, check the items you want to import, and uncheck the items you do not want to import.
- Click on Import.
- For IE and Firefox Favorites, Use the dropdown (Import From) on the above screenshot and select the browser you want to import from.
Ensure you are signed into MS One Drive and that its syncing
The last thing that we recommend doing before receiving a new computer is to check to ensure that your OneDrive Sync client is connected and syncing your files. To do this:
Navigate to the system tray on the lower right corner of the taskbar and make sure you have a Blue cloud icon indicating that you are signed in and syncing. (See Below)
If you are not signed into OneDrive, log off your computer and log back in.
- If you still are still having issues, contact Support so that we may assist in getting this corrected for you.
Note - Any folders or files stored outside of your One Drive folders will not be backed up or restored.
Make note of your printers
After replacement of your system, you will be able to reconnect to the printers you use most. Its best to make note of which printers you want to reconnect to. To find the printers you are currently connected to, follow these steps:
- Click the search bar on your task bar
- Search 'Printers' and choose Printers & Scanners
- Make note of the printers list in this list